SAQA Atlantic Canada Regional Exhibition “Structures”
Eligibility and Guidelines
• All members of SAQA in the Atlantic Canada region are invited to participate. Artists must be current members of SAQA, Studio Art Quilt Associates, to enter. To apply for a membership visit www.saqa.com.
• Artist may submit up to two (2) works.
• Accepted work is subject to final approval after the actual work arrives. Work that exceeds the size limitation and/or differs significantly from the digital image representing it will be ineligible for the exhibition and returned to the artist at the artist’s expense.
• Size restrictions: work must fit within the boundaries of 30” wide by 48” long format.
• All artwork must have a 4” sleeve across the top on the back for hanging; an additional sleeve at the bottom is recommended. The sleeve should stop 3/4” short of the side edges so that the rod will not show. The top edge of the sleeve should be placed 1” to 2” from the top of the work. DO NOT SHIP RODS WITH YOUR PIECES, venues will provide these, as needed.
• 3-D, freestanding, and dimensional works will not be considered for this exhibit; in addition, the artwork may not contain any parts or materials that may damage other pieces in the shipping container.
• All work must include a label on the back with the artist’s name and contact information, as well as the title of the work and the completion date.
• Work must have been completed after September 1, 2013. Work executed under classroom, educational guidance or supervision is not eligible.
• Artwork must meet the SAQA definition of an art quilt: “The art quilt is a creative visual work that is layered and stitched or that references this form of stitched layered structure.”
• The juror will independently screen all images and make the preliminary selection of all work in the exhibition. Entries will be evaluated on concept, design, technique, craftsmanship and creative exploration.
• Accepted pieces should be shipped to Regina Marzlin, Antigonish, NS. Detailed shipping instructions will be provided after jurying.
• We encourage your art quilt to be for sale. Exhibiting venues may charge a commission and will contact you if a customer shows interest.
• Work MUST be available to travel through to the end of June 2016. It is the policy of SAQA that once work is accepted, it cannot be withdrawn for any reason until the end of the run. All artwork must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibition.
• By submitting your work for review, you confirm that you will adhere to all the above.